You can never have too much puppy chow in your life.
Your skinny jeans maybe can, but your heart? Impossible.
Puppy chow is just good for the soul. It’s my comfort food.
It’s a well-known fact that Nutella is also good for the soul.
Paired with bananas or strawberries, it can make quite the balanced meal. Here? Pure indulgence. And sometimes that’s okay.
A few months ago I had a Celiac scare. I’d been having numerous minor symptoms that just didn’t make sense or fit together, and then I researched Celiac Disease on a whim. Every single random symptom of mine matched the description, and WebMD confirmed my fate. (Hypochondriac much?) To my dismay and disdain, I was certain I had Celiac.
I absolutely, positively, passionately did NOT want to be gluten-free. I was not going to be another grocery shopper paying extra for gluten-free items in the health aisle. Nor did I want to give up my beloved cupcakes, thank you very much!
But once I read more about Celiac Disease and feared I might be a patient, I felt empathy for those who have to live with the disease. They can’t eat anything! They’re robbed of so many delicious taste sensations that the rest of us can indulge in.
Nutella happens to be one of the exceptions. :)
As does Chex. And chocolate chips. Aaaaaand powdered sugar.
This recipe, folks, is a win-win-win-win-win. Four yummy ingredients combined into a decadent treat that’s safe for people with gluten restrictions and for those without any diet restrictions at all.
Can we all just take a moment to thank the Good Lord that Nutella and Chex are gluten-free? PTL!
In the end, my doctor humored my amateur self-diagnosing and did thorough testing for Celiac Disease. All results came back negative. (I repeat, PTL!) In fact, all my stats came back completely normal and within healthy ranges.
Apparently I’m just naturally exhausted, bloated, and dry-skinned. ;) Coffee, ginger, and body lotion it is! I guess I can handle that.
Whether you can have gluten or not, this puppy chow recipe is pretty fabulous, and I hope you all love it! Happy Valentine’s Day from the frigid Midwest! xoxo
- 1 (12.8 oz) box Chex cereal
- 1 bag (11.5 oz.) MILK chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In an extra-large, microwave-safe, seal-able bowl, combine chocolate chips and Nutella. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and stir. Continue to melt and stir in 15-second increments until smooth.
- Add entire package of cereal to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well with a spoon.
- Once cereal is completely coated, sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Tightly seal bowl with a cover and shake, shake, shake! Add extra powdered sugar as necessary, shaking until cereal is coated and white.