Some of my posts contain Amazon Associate links. If you click through to Amazon and make a purchase, I may receive a small compensation, at no extra cost to you. That said, I only share products I truly like and think my readers can benefit from!
Last week I raved about these Oreo cupcakes, and I wasn’t kidding–they’re amazing!
These, however, are my FAVORITE. My number one cupcake. My irreplaceable, irresistible, Oreo-stuffed, buttercream-frosted baked batter that holds first place in my heart as the best cupcake ever.
NBD or anything. Just the best cupcakes I’ve ever consumed and ever will.
These are Oreo cupcakes taken to the next level…
Mint Oreo Cupcakes!
Instead of combining two of my favorite foods–Oreos and cupcakes–this recipe combines three: Oreos, cupcakes, and mint!
Cool Mint Oreos, to be exact.
And since it is St. Patrick’s Day and the season of Shamrock Shakes, Thin Mints, and Mint Oreo Blizzards, after all, these mint cookies and cream cupcakes are even more appropriate to make.
If I had to pick one cupcake to eat the rest of my life–no easy decision for this cupcake-loving girl–this would be the one. No contest! I love these light, Oreo-speckled vanilla cupcakes (adapted from the Georgetown Cupcake cookbook), and I love their fluffy, smooth Mint Oreo buttercream even more.
If you have leftover buttercream (impossible in my house, but in theory), it serves as a great spread to heap over Cool Mint Oreos. Just an FYI. It also tastes pretty amazing all by its lonesome–that one I know from experience. :)
You can get extra festive and add a tiny amount of green food gel to your buttercream, if you’d like.
And if you want to get really decadent, stick whole Cool Mint Oreo cookies in the bottom of your cupcakes before baking them. They taste amazing! I always top my cupcakes with whole Oreos as a garnish, too. They’re the best!
There you have it: my #1 cupcake! Hope you love it as much as I do!
Mint-Oreo-flecked vanilla bean cupcakes frosted with mint Oreo buttercream and garnished with whole Mint Oreos.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crushed Cool Mint Oreos (about 3 cookies)
- 16 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. fat-free milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup finely crushed Cool Mint Oreos (about 3 cookies)
- 24 whole Cool Mint Oreos, for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add vanilla and vanilla bean seeds to milk.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat with stand mixer until well combined. Add 1/3 of the milk and mix thoroughly. Repeat with remaining ingredients, scraping bowl as needed.
- Fold in crushed Oreos until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool pans completely on a wire rack.
- Fold in crushed Oreos until just mixed. Pipe onto cupcakes using a pastry bag fitted with a large piping tip.
- Garnish cupcakes with mint Oreos.
Adapted from the vanilla cupcake recipe in Georgetown Cupcake's The Cupcake Diaries
Total Fat: 16.4 g
Cholesterol: 46.8 mg
Sodium: 256 mg
Potassium: 70.3 mg
Total Carbs: 57.8 g
Dietary Fiber: .4 g
Sugars: 43.1 g
Protein: 2.4 g