Happy Father’s Day to all the men out there!
My dad and my two brothers are both obsessed with the buffalo blue cheese brats from Mighty Spark Food Co. (formerly known as Man Cave).
And so am I. Until I tasted one myself, I had never met a brat I liked.
These are different. They are flavored with spicy buffalo sauce and stuffed with melty blue cheese, and I adore them.
I’m really not much of a carnivore, but Mighty Spark has all kinds of unique meat products that I actually really enjoy, which is saying something! A few of my family members work for the company, so occasionally they bring new products to family gatherings for the rest of us to try, and I love that the flavors are so creative and unique. I really like the jalapeno turkey products and the Italian sausage that’s stuffed with pepperoni and salami. The fresh beef patties are also about the best you’ll ever have. (And no, I’m not getting paid to say that.) You can buy them at many grocery retailers and Target stores.
But the buffalo brats? DROOL. I could eat them for dinner every night.
Pretty much any of the Mighty Spark products would make perfect Father’s Day food, but this one is a favorite of my own dad’s, and I thought I’d make a meal out of it with a pretzel bun and some blue cheese slaw.
And, for me, extra blue cheese on top. Because I can literally never have enough blue cheese.
(Can you see the blue cheese oozing out of the brat in the picture below? That’s the best part.)
I found pretzel buns at Cub Foods after searching high and low at several other stores with no luck. If you can’t find them and don’t want to make your own (I didn’t), feel free to use any kind of hot dog or brat bun. I just thought the pretzel ones were fun!
For the slaw, I mixed up a simple Greek yogurt and sour cream sauce with blue cheese and a pre-shredded bag of coleslaw. (Feel free to chop your own cabbage, as well!)
We ate these with extra slaw and buffalo-flavored potato chips, and it was a delicious, dad-approved meal.
The rest of us liked it, too.
Happy grilling, and Happy Father’s Day!
- 4 Mighty Spark Food Co. Buffalo-Style with Blue Cheese Bratwursts (1 package)
- 4 pretzel buns
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bag pre-shredded coleslaw mix (or about 1/2 a cabbage, chopped)
- Additional blue cheese crumbles, if desired
- Grill bratwursts according to package directions.
- While brats are cooking, prepare coleslaw. In a bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream, 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Toss with coleslaw mix or cabbage.
- When brats are done, place on pretzel buns. Top with coleslaw and extra blue cheese, if desired.
Total Fat: 28 g
Cholesterol: 61 mg
Sodium: 1,503 mg
Potassium: 244 mg
Total Carbs: 47 g
Protein: 25 g